#2 - 1999 Box Office: Gross $293,506,292
|Not every gift is a blessing|
Trivia (mostly courtesy of the IMDb)
- Grossed $26.6 million in its opening weekend and spent five weeks as the #1 film at the U.S. box office
- The movie was rented by 80 million people in 2000 - making it the year's top-rated tape and DVD title
- One of only three horror films to receive an Oscar nomination for Best Picture; the other two were The Exorcist and Best Picture winner The Silence of the Lambs
- Willis is left-handed but he learned how to write right-handed so that viewers wouldn't notice that his wedding band was no longer on his hand in close ups of his writing
- Donnie Wahlberg lost 43 pounds to achieve his character's emaciated look
- The color red is intentionally absent from most of the film, being used prominently in shots where the real world has been tainted by "the other world"
- The voice on the tape of Vincent's session is speaking Spanish; the person is saying: "Please, I don't want to die Lord, save me, save me."
- Opened on M. Night Shyamalan's 29th birthday
|I see dead people...|