#2 - 1985 Box Office: Gross $150,415,432
|What most people call hell, he calls home|
Trivia (mostly courtesy of the IMDb)
- First film to appear in over 2,000 US theaters
- Rambo: First Blood Part II earned $300,400,432 in the worldwide box office. Rocky IV (also released in 1985) earned $300,473,716 worldwide. These two films mark Stallone's highest grossing films, worldwide
- *Certain movie franchises have taken unique steps in naming their sequels, but this series is one of the silliest: 1982 introduced us to the character of Rambo in a film titled, First Blood. Three years later, we get Rambo: First Blood Part II. However, in 1988, the producers pull a fast one and release Rambo III! Flash forward to 2008, and you get the fourth movie in the series, titled simply Rambo. And currently in development is a fifth film, tentatively titled, Rambo: Last Stand.
- Co-writer James Cameron claims that he only wrote the first draft of the script and that Stallone made many changes to it, commenting that he only wrote the "action" and that Stallone wrote the "politics"
- James Cameron's original screenplay began with Col. Trautman finding Rambo in a psychiatric hospital instead of a prison. This concept was recycled in Cameron's Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- The total body count of the film is 67—57 of which are killed by Rambo himself (the total body count of First Blood is 1)
|Sir, do we get to win this time?|